Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bat

My roommate, Bat, has a pair of pajama pants that say "Fat and happy." She wears them all the time.

She weighs 100 pounds.

I keep cooking her food with lots of butter and it doesn't do anything. She stays thin no matter what she eats.

I think her incessant energy causes her to burn calories faster than she takes them in.

Bat is beautiful, and not just because of how thin she is, or the fact that she has this adorable delicate face. She is beautiful in the way she always can find a way to laugh, and make others laugh. 

Her beauty is expressed through the art she makes. It's all colorful and vibrant, with sharp black edges.  I think Bat sees the world like that.

I can't make visual art. My mind doesn't hold a picture long enough for me to make a pretty picture.

All I can do is sit on the couch and write down the stories of the people around me. People like Bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment