Sunday, September 30, 2012

Monsters

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” -Stephen King 

There are monsters in my head. They are clawing their way out of my heart, ripping through my throat, stealing my voice, changing my sight.

I want to lash out, to fight back, to rip your throat out the way they are ripping mine.

You deserve it. I know you do. You stole my voice, punished my love. The voices in my head are yours.

Are you the monster in my head, or just a product of the monsters in yours?

I feel it, the rage, as I think of you, of all you did, of all you wanted to do to me.

It makes me sick, this cage. Maybe I should let you see all there is to me.

How long before I am just a monster too?

How long until I am just like you?

Shove me again, make it hurt.

Screw her again, we'll make it work.

Every day I want to punish you. Tear you all apart. Forget forgiveness, screw forgetting.

I see you miles away, pretending you never knew me, like you're some saint.

I see you, the monster in all their heads. The father who cages, the boyfriend who beats, the lover who cheats, the woman who surrenders herself to the hate.

Swallow my good, eat me alive, I won't let myself be a monster like you.

Somebody get these monsters out of my head. 

Get them onto the page before they destroy us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment