Sunday, October 14, 2012

Better than drugs

"Sit down." Matt said firmly. His purple hair showed brightly against his pale skin that still was not as pale as mine.

"I don't want to watch it." I said, chin up.

"Why not? It's good!" My brother chimed in.

"It's so girly and childish. I swore off that kind of stuff."

"Sit." Matt repeated. I sighed, sitting down. Matt sat down beside me and my brother sat on my other side. Both guys were 18 years old, only one year younger than me.

I sighed as I listened to them discussing which episode to show me. Hey, at least they weren't into drugs or something.

But still. This was pretty bad.

They settled on an episode and music started playing. "My little pony, my little pony, ahhhhhh."

I grimaced. I just had to get through an hour or so and then I could tell them officially that I didn't like it. They could collect their dolls without me.

I paid attention, because if I didn't they would call shenanigans. Also I planned to use this material to tease them later.

Except, things didn't go the way I expected. I started laughing at the jokes. I liked the art. I began to feel similar to Twilight Sparkle, the main character.

I found myself wanting to watch more. I had joined my brother and his best friend in the Brony ranks.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment