Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fiction: Why not?

He looked down at me, his puppy dog eyes so damn hopeful, and I just got mad.

"No." I said, spitting the word at him. I turned around and walked out of the house. The noise of the screen door clattering shut was strangely satisfying. I started walking across the lawn when the the screen door flew open and Paul stormed out.

"Why not me." He shouted at me. I whirled around. His face was red as he choked out, "I'm a nice guy! Better than those dicks you dated before!"

"Why not? You said it yourself! You're sick of being single."

"So what?"

"So I'm sick of being that girl who guys turn to when they are 'sick of being single'. I deserve to be more than that girl who happens to be there at the moment that you are getting lonely!"

He stared at me, mouth agape. I turned around again and started walking towards home.

No comments:

Post a Comment