Friday, January 4, 2013

I wish I could say this was fiction

This is a cautionary tale about not drinking six cans of Throwback Mountain Dew when you are extremely bored.

I give myself a running start and jump, landing on the couch next to Lauren in a position similar to that of a dog begging for food. "Can I help you?" Lauren says, not even looking up from her computer screen.

"Hi!" I said, grinning maniacally.

She gives me a look that seems to say, 'you're creepy, please go away' but then grins and says "Would you like a cupcake?"

"CUPCAKE!!!!!!!" I yell. "Wait, do we even have cupcakes?"

"I don't think so."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" In my head I am impersonating Darth Vader. In reality I probably sounded like a dying cat.

She laughs finally. I glare at her. "Make with the cupcakes, bitch."

"I don't have any!"

I start to storm up the stairs. "When I return, I will have muffins! EXPLODING DEATH MUFFINS!"

"What about cupcakes?" She shouts back at me.

"NO CUPCAKES! You ruined them by turning them into a lie! I spit on your cupcakes!"

Her laughter follows me upstairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment