Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year

My new year's resolution is to write at least a hundred words per day, and post them to my blog (and yes, this counts). We'll see how long this lasts, not that a hundred words is a lot, but I am notoriously terrible at starting new routines, but I need to work out my self consciousness about writing somehow.

Lessons I learned in 2012:

Not everyone will like my writing, but the people who do are worth it.
False friends can leave deeper scars than any false lover could touch.
Following something that is safe but not my passion will never satisfy me.
Following my passion is terrifying.
Curviness is beautiful.
Kisses don't always have to become relationships.
Sometimes the cute guys aren't as good of kissers as they would seem.
Blood does not always mean family.
I deserve more than ordinary.
I am stronger than whatever parasitic coping mechanisms I may have felt I needed to rely on.
Sometimes it takes revealing my biggest weakness to discover how alone I'm not.
My life is better off without certain people in it.

Goodbye 2012. Good riddance.

Hello New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment